Garv Se Jiyenge - Lyrics Contest for Special People
Shankar Mahadevan Academy's mission is to spread the 'Joy of Music' to people in all walks of life. This year, we are harnessing the power to music to raise awareness about people with special needs with our new lyrics contest 'Garv Se Jiyenge'.
Inspire people to join this cause and also win a golden chance to get Shankar Mahadevan to sing lyrics penned by you!
Include the chorus "हमे हक़ है बराबरी का, गर्व से जियेंगे हम"
and the line "दया नहीँ, समानता, मिल जुल के बढ़ेंगे हम।" anywhere in the song.
The song will be sung by Shankar & team, and will be produced by the Shankar Mahadevan Academy.
The song will be made available to one and all through social media. Send us your lyrics before the 30th of October to take part in this competition. The winner also gets a free self-study course from the Academy.
Participating in this contest is easy.
- Read the Contest Highlights and Terms & Conditions for participation
- Enroll for the contest by filling up the registration form
- Upload a copy of written lyrics or scanned copy in the acceptable file formats (pdf, doc, png, jpeg) and give us a flavour of how you think your lyrics would be the most powerful.
- All participants get a score and text feedback from renowned experts in the field of music, which can give them the right pointers to develop their inborn talent.
Winning Prizes (Terms & Conditions apply):
- An interaction with Shankar Mahadevan online for 30 mins
- Winning lyrics song will be produced by SMA, with Shankar as one of the singers. Winner’s name will be displayed in the credits of the video/audio file
- One free self study course of their choice from the academy
- No age bar
- Registration is open from 07th October, 2015 to 30th October, 2015, 3 PM IST
- Winner of the contest will be announced on the website by 10th November, 2015. Winner will also be communicated by e-mail and phone
- Submitted lyrics will be assessed on 6 parameters and a score will be awarded out of 100 points
- Participants will receive a written expert feedback from expert teachers along with scores
Expert feedback will be based on the following 6 parameters:
||Content of Lyrics
||Rhyme and Metre of the Poetry
||Expressiveness of the Lyrics
||Aesthetic Language of the Lyrics
||Mood & Expression of the lyrics in the Oral Rendition
||Overall impact of the Song/Poem
Terms & Conditions
- Lyrics to be written primarily in Hindi, but may use other languages as need be to convey a specific feeling of emotion.
- Acceptable file format for written lyrics or scanned copy: pdf, doc, png, jpeg
- Size of each file should not exceed 10 MB
- One time purchase gives you access for only one submission. Please ensure that you upload the correct files. No requests for changing the file that is submitted initially will be entertained.
- The academy is not liable for refund, once payment has been made.
- Any complaints related to the submission will be addressed according to the discretion of the Academy.
- Lyrics and the audio file will become the property of academy after submission. The uploaded content will not be returned to the student and will be archived. The Academy reserves the right to use the rendition as it deems fit.
- This is an open contest with no age limit and judgement is purely made on the parameters stated below.
- The judges’ decision on the participants’ performance (both recorded & live) will be final & binding and cannot be challenged by the participant or any representative of the participant under any circumstances.