This course is ideal for students, who have basic knowledge of reading Western Classical Music (Piano). The student showing and interest to use basic elements of music (melody and rhythm) with harmony to improvise musical phrases. The course will give insight into Reading, Understanding and Playing Trinity Initial Grade Exam Pieces and Exercises. Students shall also learn how to read and play perfectly with the Metronome as well as develops listening, reading & playing skills with an exploratory outlook in additionl to acquiring knowledge. This course shall make students eligible to appear for Trinity College of London (TCL) Exams Grade 1(Piano) &/or Grade 1(Theory). Study material used for the course reference is TCL exam books only. Additionally, Western Classical Music shall be included as an external repetoir for the student to perform as Pianist. THREE Trinity Pieces are learnt and THREE Exercises are leant in the course along with Technical Skills (Scales & Broken Chords). The student learns composing a tune on Grand Staff on through the process of learning dynamics & articulations giving them a joy of music creation.
- To build awareness of different genres of music
- To learn to play Accidentals (Sharps, Flats and Natural)
- To be introduce Major Scales & Relative minors (G Major, F Major with relative minors)
- To understand, identify & play Dynamics (mp- mezzo piano & mf- mezzo forte);
- To understand, identify & play Articulations (Accent mark, Crescendo, Diminuendo, Fermata)
- To learn & play basic sheet music
Anyone above the age of 8 yrs. Interested in learning musical instrument and curiosity to discover the joy of learning. Student must have finish Course 102 or must having basic knowledge of playing, reading sheet music .
- Play at least TWO Piano Pieces and at least TWO Piano Exercises from TCL Grade 1 Examination
- Read and Write Western Classical Music according to Grade 1 Music Theory Exam (TCL)
- How to Play Pieces with Expressions